VOLUNTEER STAFF POSITION BOARD
Have you volunteered for MAGFest/MAGWest before? Do you have an understanding of how we run but want to do more? Check out what departments need to see if your skills or interests match!
When responding to a listing please include:
- what you love about MAGWest
- an overview of your interests for this particular position
- where you've worked in MAGWest before (department and year)
- a department head or manager who might recommend you (if applicable)**
The positions here are not representative of all needs at MAGWest. Please reach out to Staffing Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about how to get involved with other departments or areas.
Finally, all applicants will be considered but acceptance is not guaranteed. Thank you for your interest!
The Innkeeper organizes staff room requests to create room reservations for MAGFest volunteers. This role can be completed remotely and before the event.
- Coordinate room assignments for staffers alongside the MAGFest director of staff services.
- Review confidential staff requests including roommate requests, anti-requests, and additional accommodation requests to create accessible reservations.
- Create room reservations based on departmental needs, staffer shifts, and staffer preferences.
- On-call during event for emergencies pertinent to staff rooms is preferable.
- This includes check-in issues, irreconcilable room-mates, no-shows, inaccurate reservation durations, and more.
Background: Experience working remotely is preferred. Innkeepers should be respectful of deadlines, detail-orientated, and respectful towards staffer accessibility.
The Staff Operations Manager serves as an at-event point of contact for volunteers and staffers. They generally assist with staff registration, shift sign up, while also dispatching on-call volunteers to understaffed departments.
- Package and deliver department office supplies during setup.
- Print out department documents as needed.
- Escalate pertinent issues to relevant department heads.
- Assist walk-up volunteers with various administrative tasks:
- Shift administration: sign up, removal, and marking attendance
- Dispatch: location direction, providing contact info to relevant department managers
- Dispatch on-call staffers to departments that need immediate assistance.
Background: Staff Operations Managers should be proactive, work well independently, and enjoy helping others.